History. The group of hydrochemistry founded in April 2012 as a subdivision of the department of Water Issues. In 2013 created the chemical analysis room and its equipping with the required expedition equipments lasted till the end of 2014. In 2014 November 25 was founded department of «Hydrochemistry and environmental toxicology». Department certified by Almaty branch of JSC «National center of expertise and certification» of the Republic of Kazakhstan (certificate № 67/14, date: December 24 of 2014). The laboratory has a Government License (by prof. N. Amirgaliev) to conducting Environmental researches (license № 01538P date: December 22 of 2007).
Department is entitled to conduct the chemical and toxicological researches of the natural waters, hydrocoles, soils and water sediments.
The field of activity of the department, according to certificate:
- hydrochemistry researches carrying out in the various type of water bodies with the wide range of analyzed parameters such as: temperature, рН, dissolved gases, nitrogen compounds, phosphorus, water salinity and etc.;
- determination of heavy metals (Cu, Zn, Pb, Ni, Mn, Cd and other) and mineral salts in the water, sediments, soils and fishes;
- determination of pesticides in the water and fishes, including polychlorinated biphenyls;
- providing results of chemical-toxicology analysis accordance to the environmental and hygiene and sanitary standards.
- Laboratory conducts hydrochemistry researches of natural waters, fishes, soils and water sediments (according to the area of activity);
- Researches in the field of hydrochemistry and water toxicology aimed to the complex assessment of natural waters quality and degree of anthropogenic impact to the ecological and toxicological condition of the water resources;
- The study of degree of accumulation of the persistent extreme toxic organic contaminants in the water ecosystems which is dangerous for living things and human beings, within the framework of global international treaty Stockholm Convention on POPs;
- Assessment of the current ecological condition of large lake systems and individual water bodies of Kazakhstan;
- The study of the chemical composition of atmospheric precipitation and accumulation of pollutants in snow.
Laboratory equipped with modern devices:
- Atomic absorption spectrophotometer AA-7000 “Shimadzu” (Japan), designed for measurements of content of heavy metals in the samples of the different natural objects;
- Ion meter C933 “Consort” (Belgium) with a set of electrodes;
- Multi meter «Horiba» U-53 series, (Japan);
- Sounder, GPS chartplotter Lowrance HDS-10 (USA) - multifunctional device for echolocation, positioning and structural scan (LLS-3).
Department has the necessary material and technical base:
- Scientific and research motor boat Quicksilver “Weekend 640” (Belgium);
- Cross-country vehicle GAZ - 33081 “Vepr” (Russia);
- SUV Toyota Tundra (Japan).
Laboratory uses equipments which are registered in the State register of System of Metrology of the Republic of Kazakhstan and update State Standards and methods of measurements.
There are 9 employees in department: 1 doctor of geographical sciences, professor, 2 candidates of science, 1 science researcher, 4 junior researches, and 1 I-st category technic. The existing database of hydrology and hydrochemistry, implementation of scientific and applied researches, the availability of qualified professionals, advanced instruments and equipment allow for a wide range of physical and chemical researches in the field of environmental toxicology and hydrochemistry.
- N. Amirgaliyev Man-made water bodies of the Northern and Central Kazakhstan (Hydrochemistry and water quality) // – Almaty: Bastau, 1999. – 191 p.
- N. Amirgaliyev Aral and Syrdariya basin: hydrochemistry and issues of water toxicology // – Almaty: Bastau, 2007. – 224 p.
- N. Amirgaliyev, S. Timirkhanov, Sh. Alpeisov Ichthyofauna of Alakol lake system // – Almaty: Bastau, 2006. – 367 p.
- N. Amirgaliyev, S. Timirkhanov, K. Isbekov Water resources of Kazakhstan: assessment, forecast, management Vol. XIV) . – Karaganda: printing house «ARKO», 2012. – 667 p.
- M. Burlibaev, N. Amirgaliyev, E. Murtazin Guidelines on the organization and operation of the subsystem for monitoring the conditions of transboundary surface waters in Kazakhstan // Approved by order №152 MERK in 11.05.2012 . – Astana, 2012. – 138 p.
- M. Burlibaev, N. Amirgaliyev, E. Murtazin I. Shenberger Dynamic mode hydrochemical and toxicological parameters of transboundary river Irtysh and the nature of their transformation // «Water management in Kazakhstan». – 2012. – №12 (50), – P. 9-20.
- M. Burlibaev, N. Amirgaliyev, I. Shenberger On some problems of the modern transformation of the hydrochemical regime and toxicological parameters of cross-border flow of the Syrdarya river // «Water resources and water use (VRV)». – 2013. – №3 (10). – P. 35-48.
- N. Amirgaliyev About condition of researches in the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of aquatic toxicology // «KazNAEN Herald». – Astana, 2013. – №4. – P. 109-113.
- N. Amirgaliyev Polychlorinated biphenyls in water Balkhash Lake and the rivers flowing into it // «Water: chemistry and ecology». – Moscow, 2014. – №9. – P. 101-105.
- L. Ismukhanova, N. Amirgaliyev, K. Bektursunov Monitoring quality parameters of the transboundary outflow in the River Ili // “Proceedings of the IWA 6th Eastern Meets West”. (28-30 May 2014; Istanbul), European Young Water Professionals Conference “EAST”. – Istanbul, 2014. – Р. 132-137.
- M. Burlibaev, N. Amirgaliyev, I. Shenberger Issues of pollution of transboundary rivers in Kazakhstan main. – Almaty: Kaganat, 2014. – T. 1. – 742 p.
- N. Amirgaliyev Polychlorinated biphenyls in the water of transboundary basins in Kazakhstan // Proceedings of the IV All-Russian Scientific Conference with international participation "Fundamental Problems of Water and Water Resources. – Moscow, 2015. – P. 133-135.
- N. Amirgaliyev, L. Ismukhanova Dynamics of heavy metals in water Kapshagai reservoir on the river Ile // International scientific conference "Problems of hydrometeorological support economic activity in a changing climate”. – Minsk, 2015. – P. 48-50.
- N. Amirgaliyev, L. Ismukhanova, K. Bektursunov, R. Kulbekova The study of heavy metals depending on the mode of water flow in the cross-border area of the Ili River // “Issues of Geography and Geoecology”. – Almaty, 2015. – №2. – P. 9-14.
- M. Burlibaev, E. Tursunov, A. Bazhieva and other Globally significant wetlands of Kazakhstan (Alakol-Sasykkol Lake system). – Astana, 2007. – 271 p.
- E. Tursunov, A. Bazhieva Small lakes of Shchuchinsk-Borovoye resort area. Environment issues and their decision // Hydrometeorology and ecology. – 2013. – № 2. – P. 172-176.
- E. Tursunov, A. Madibekov, K. Kulebaev Modern morphometric characteristics of Balkhash Lake // «Scientific Notes RGMU», a special edition dedicated to the 80th anniversary of prof. A. Doganovski. – 2014. – P. 43-48.
- E. Tursunov, A. Madibekov, С. Ranova Comparison of morphometric characteristics of Kapchagai reservoir // Proceedings of the International Conference «Remote and terrestrial Earth exploration in Central Asia». – Bishkek, 2014. – P. 453-456.
- E. Tursunov, A. Madibekov, L. Almagambetova, K. Bektursunov Morphometric characteristics of Alakol Lake (Itishpes) in the South part of Balkhash // Scientific journal «Issues of geography and geoecology». – Almaty, 2015. – №2. – P.3-8.
- A. Bazhieva Hydrochemical and hydrological regimes contact of Shu river // «Hydrometeorology and ecology». – 2014. – №4. – P. 84-90.
- V. Cherednichenko A. Madibekov, A. Nyssanbaeva Acidity of precipitation in the Republic of Kazakhstan // European Researcher – International multidisciplinary bilingual journal. – 2014. – Vol.(68). – № 2-1. – P. 294-299.
- E. Tursunov, A. Madibekov, A. Bazhieva Balkhash lake bathymetric investigations results // 6thIWA YWP European Water Professionals Conference «EAST meets WEST», 28-30 May 2014. – Istanbul, 2014. – P.339-343.
- A. Madibekov, V. Cherednichenko, A. Cherednichenko, A. Nyssanbaeva, А. Zhumalipov Heavy metal content in the snow cover in the Republic of Kazakhstan // Advances in Environmental Biology. – 2014. – P. 1393-1398.
- A. Madibekov, A. Bazhieva, S. Alimkulov Climate changes and their influence to the river flow of the South and South-East part of Kazakhstan // Second International science conference “Climatology and Glaciology”, 2015 October 20-23. – Tomsk, 2015. – P.190-198.
In department are developing prospective scientific directions in assessment of impact to ecosystems of stable man-made contaminants like polychlorinated biphenyls, heavy metals, and also important direction of hydrochemistry in the area of formation and transformation of water composition of transboundary water streams and water. Researches in mentioned directions are going to provide effect in development of Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of water toxicology.
Expeditions and field work researches
All developing directions in department are connected to field works and main information is received from monitoring of water bodies of the country. Field works are carried out at the all types of water bodies and special attention given to monitoring of transboundary rivers for the quantitative assessment of inflow of toxic compounds including persistant organic contaminants.
Field work researches