|Head of the Department – Doctor of Geographical Sciences, Assistant Professor
Skorintseva Irina Borisovna
History. Department of Landscape Study and Problems of Nature Management started from the landscape group by the Sector of Geography of the Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh SSR in 1960 under the leadership of Doctor of Geographical Sciences, Professor Chupakhin Viktor Mikhailovich. From 1976 till 2006, Head of the Department was a well-known scientist, Doctor of Geographical Sciences, Professor Geldyyeva Galina Viktorovna, who was the founder of landscape school of Kazakhstan. Today, Head of the Department is Doctor of Geographical Sciences Skorintseva Irina Borisovna. Research works of employees of the department is aimed at the achievement of balanced territorial development including solution of problems of nature management by different types and kinds of anthropogenic impact to the landscapes.
Landscapes of Kazakhstan
Main directions of researches:
Classification and systematization of landscapes of Kazakhstan;
- Principles and methods of different scaled landscape and landscape-ecological mapping;
- Principles and methods of assessment and mapping of sustainability of landscape-irrigational systems of arid zones of Kazakhstan;
- Methods of assessment and mapping of landscape, landscape-ecological condition of transboundary territories for sustainable nature management;
- Complex landscape-ecological and ecological-demographic researches directed to organization of sustainable natural-economic systems;
- Identification of criteria of landscape-ecological assessment of the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan by different types of anthropogenic impacts;
- Applied and target landscape researches for the territorial-planning works, land cadastre, sustainable development of natural-economic systems, land use and land-utilization of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Realized programs of fundamental and applied researches allowed to receive the following main results:
- Theory and methods of landscape assurance of regional networks for desertification control;
- Theory and methods of landscape assurance of regional networks for rational land use and land-utilization, land-cadastre works;
- Theory and principally new methodical approaches to assessment and mapping of social-demographic processes taking into account landscape-ecological factors;
- Methods and criteria of landscape-ecological assessment and mapping of zones of irrigated arable farming of destabilized intercontinental basins of Kazakhstan;
- Methods of assessment of impact of agricultural production to the landscapes;
- Methods and criteria of landscape-ecological assessment and mapping of boundary territories of Kazakhstan by different types of economic;
- Methodic of analysis and assessment of landscape-ecological condition of especially protected natural territories;
- It was done systematization and classification of kinds of landscapes, developed structure and content of legend to the landscape maps.
- Maps series of regions of Kazakhstan: inventory, assessment, indicative, prognostic, recommended, scientific-reference, multipurpose functional and other.
Staff. At present time in the department are working 10 employees:
- Doctor of Geographical sciences, Assistant Professor Skorintseva Irina Borisovna, Head of the Department;
- Doctor of Geographical Sciences, Professor Geldyyeva Galina Viktorovna, Principal Staff Scientist;
- Candidate of Biological Sciences Basova Tatyana Anatolievna, Lead Research Worker;
- Candidate of Geographical Sciences Makanova Ainash Undaganovna, Senior Research Worker;
- Candidate of Geographical Sciences Krylova Viktoria Sergeyevna, Senior Research Worker;
- Kopytina Marina Alexandrovna, Research Worker;
- Tuletayev Askhat Borombayevich, Research Worker;
- Kuderin Amanzhol Alimzhanovich, Junior Research Worker;
- Omarov Aidos Nurlanovich, Junior Research Worker;
- Aldazhanova Gulnara Bulatovna, Lead Engineer.
Specialists of the Department are high qualified and have large experience in the area of landscape study, ecology, and environment protection, cartography, solution of problems of nature use. They posses international certificates proving their qualification in application of GIS-technologies and earth remote sensing.
Fragment of landscape map of Shchuchinsk-Borovskaya health-resort zone
Prospect of development. During last years, new prospective directions, having big importance for the development of new branches of Kazakhstan's economy, are developing in the department:
- Assessment of landscape inhomogeneity of regions in the Republic of Kazakhstan for rational land use and land planning;
- Study and mapping of landscape of suburb zones of urban agglomerations of the Republic of Kazakhstan for architectural-planning and project developments;
- Working out landscape assurance of works for creation of Land cadastre of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Working out methods of assessment and mapping of ecological-demographic processes in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Working out methods of assessment of effectivity of landscape use for agricultural production.
Publications. During last 5 years, 3 monographs and more than 100 scientific articles were published due to the obtained results of researches in the department. Main of them are:
- Landshaftnoye obespecheniye shemy borby s opustynivaniyem doliny reki Syrdariya. Almaty: Araks, 2004. – 235 s. (monograph).
- Geldyyeva G.V., Skorintseva I. B., Basova T.A. Landshaftno-ekologicheskaya ocenka prigranichnyh territoriy Rossiysko-Kazakhstanskogo sektora // Voprosy geografii I geoekologii. 2007. № 1(20). – S. 12-22.
- Geldyyeva G.V. Razrabotat landshaftnye osnovy ekologicheski sbalansirovannogo zemlepolzovaniya I ustoichivogo razvitiya prirodno-selskohozyaistvennyh system Respubliki Kazakhstan // Voprosy geografii I geoekologii. Almaty, 2009. № 1-2. – S. 18-28.
- Skorintseva B., Basova T.A. Ekologicheskiye osnovy sbalansirovannoi territorialnoi organizacii landshaftov Akmolinskoi oblasti Respubliki Kazakhstan // Vestnik KazATK. Almaty, 2010. № 3. – S. 12-20.
- Geldyyeva G.V., Musatayeva G.B. Landshaftno-ekologicheskoye zonirovaniye territorii Shchuchinsko-Borovskoi kurortnoi zony // Reg. nauchn. konf. «Mamayevskiye chteniya», posv. 75-letiyu Botanicheskogo sada UrO RAN I pamyati chlena-korrespondenta RAN S.A. Mamayeva. Yekatirenburg, 2011. – S. 41-48.
- Skorintseva B., Basova T.A. Opasnost vozdeistviya selskohozyaistvennogo proizvodstva na okruzhayushchuyu sredu Respubliki Kazakhstan // Materialy vserossiyskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferencii «Landshaftnoye planirovaniye». M., 2011. – S. 46-55.
- Basova T.A. Princypy I metody ocenki I kartografirovaniya sovremennyh landshaftov (na primere Akmolinskoi oblasti) //Geoekologiya I ohrana nedr №5, 2011, Almaty. – S. 9-19.
- Basova T.A. Teoriticheskiye I metodicheskiye osnovy ocenki antropogennoi narushennosti landshaftov Respubliki Kazakhstan //Geologiya I ohrana nedr №6, 2011, Almaty. – S. 28-36.
- Landshaftno-ekologicheskoye problemy prirodopolzovaniya prigranichnyh territoriy Respubliki Kazakhstan. Almaty, 2011. – 236 s. (monograph).
- Tokmagambetova R.Yu., Makanova A.U. Formirovaniye ekologo-demograficheskoi situacii pod vozdeistviyem processov opustynivaniya v Respublike Kazakhstan // Izvestiya nauk o Zemle NAN Azerbaidzhana. Baku, 2012. № 1(292). – S. 60-64.
- S-W. Breckle and G.V. Geldyeva Dynamics of the Aral Sea in Geological and Historical Times (chapter 2) / Aralkum-a Man-Made Desert: The Desiccated Floor of the Aral Sea (Central Asia). Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2013. - P. 13-37.
- V. Geldyeva and S-W. Breckle and B.V. Gel’dyev Geography and Geomorphological and Lithological Characteristics of the Aralkum (chapter 3) / Aralkum-a Man-Made Desert: The Desiccated Floor of the Aral Sea (Central Asia). Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2013. - P. 37-50.
- Basova T.A., Skorintseva I. B. Ekologicheskiye problemy transgranichnyh territoriy kazakhstansko-rossiyskogo sektora // Mater. Mezhdunar. Konf. «Sovremennyye problemy geografii, ekologii I prirodopolzovaniya» 25-26 aprelya 2013 goda, Volgograd. – S. 12-20.
Field researches. Many field researches on different landscape-ecological problems of the Republic of Kazakhstan were conducted by the employees of department. Field researches were concentrated on the study of the issues of formation and functioning landscapes of Kazakhstan. The priority in field researches is the study of spatial-temporal changes of landscapes under impact of anthropogenous factors of influence, study of sustainability of natural-economic systems, monitoring and mapping of modern condition of landscape of Kazakhstan. On the base of field researches, there was developed structure and content of legends to landscape maps of the republic and its regions, main landscape-ecological problems of the regions of Kazakhstan were revealed.