The Institute of Geography implements 8 research programs and projects under agreements with the Committee Science of the Ministry Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including:
1 - in the framework of program-targeted funding (2018–2020);
7 - in the framework of grant financing (2018-2020)
and 8 contract works
Fundamental and applied research in the field of natural sciences on targeted program funding on the priority of "National Security and Defense"
- "Transboundary river basins of the Republic of Kazakhstan and People’s Republic of China: scientific-applied bases of sustainable water security of population and economy in conditions of climatic changes and economic activity for the period until 2050". Scientific Supervisors: Academician of the NAS of the RK Doctor of Geographical Science, Professor Medeu A.R., Doctor of Geographical Science, Professor Malkovskiy I.M.
by grant funding
by priority Rational use of natural resources, processing of raw materials and products.
- АР05132212 "Geographical bases for managing agricultural development lands in Zhambyl region under the conditions of water resources limitation". Scientific supervisor: Ph.D. Krylova V.S.
- АР05133353 "Monitoring concentration and distribution of toxic compounds in the snow cover on the territory of Almaty agglomeration and assessment of their impact on natural sites". Scientific supervisor Doctor of Geographical Science, Professor Amirgaliev N.A.
- АР05134437 "Monitoring researches on adverse exogeodynamic processes in the coastal zone of the Alakol lake – the territory of intensive recreational development". Scientific supervisor: Ph.D. Abitbaeva A.D.
- АР05131504 "Scientific and applied fundamentals of tourism resources management on the basis of Web-technologies on the example of Northern Kazakhstan". Scientific supervisor: Ph.D. Egemberdiev K.B.
- АР05135407 "Dangerous Hydrological Phenomena (floods) Control in the Esil basin (Akmola and North Kazakhstan provinces) in Changing Climate". Scientific supervisor Doctor of Geographical Science Blagoveshchenskiy V.P.
- АР05132214 "Mudflow safety of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Scientific rationale of the system securing safety in the mountain and foothill areas of the Ile Alatau". Scientific Supervisor: Academician of the NAS of the RK Doctor of Geographical Science, Professor Medeu A.R.
- АР05133077 "Evolution of snow mass of zone of runoff formation of Balkash-Alakol basin in conditions of climate change as a factor of water safety and sustainable development". Academician of the NAS of the RK Doctor of Geographical Science, Professor Severskiy I.V.
3 - under the contract with the Republican State Institution Committee for Water Resources, Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan on projects: "Development of the Atlas Kazakhstani Lakes" "Assessment and forecast of water availability of the natural-economic system of the Yertis Basin taking into account prospects for agricultural development of the territory and interbasin redistribution of water resources" and "Accommodation of the International Water Assessment Center in Kazakhstan";
1 - under the contract with "Kazakh Research Institute of Water Management" of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the project: "Assessment and forecast of annually renewable water resources available for irrigation in the water basins of the Republic of Kazakhstan"
1 - under the contract with Kazakhstan Applied Ecology Agency LLP under the project: "Assessment of water resources of the East Balkhash tributaries taking into account the spatial and temporal variability of meteorological characteristics"
1 - under the contract with the South Kazakhstan Pedagogical University under the project: Mapping the distribution range of essential oil plants of the South Kazakhstan region, in the framework of the implementation of the theme: "Landscape research of the South Kazakhstan region, an ecological-geographical mapping, determining stocks of vegetable raw materials, obtaining essential oils and applied in the field of biology".
2 - under the agreement with private enterprise International science complex «Astana» according to the program: Scientific and Technical Program BR05236529 "Complex ecosystem assessment of Shchuchinsk-Borovoye resort area through the environmental pressure evaluation for the purposes of sustainable use of recreational potential" Creating an Atlas of the Kyzylorda region and interactive maps on GIS-based technologies"