Direction 1. Water security of natural and economic systems of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Purpose: Scientific and applied water security as the basis for sustainable development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Improvement of interstate water relations of the Republic of Kazakhstan with neighboring countries.
- Development of the systemic water management infrastructure of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the context of changes in the country's water resource potential.
- Optimization of water consumption in the sectors of the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan by increasing the productivity of the water used.
- Optimization of ecological non-productive water consumption in the natural hydrographic network.
- Development and assessment of alternative scenarios for the development of the National Water Management Complex of the Republic of Kazakhstan based on the development, adaptation and implementation of modern methods, techniques, technologies of mathematical and computer modeling of complex systems in the practice of water management planning and design.
- Application of innovative technologies and methods based on artificial intelligence and neural networks for the tasks of water resources management and forecasting in natural and economic systems of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Direction 2. Development of theory and methods for assessing and forecasting resources and quality of surface waters in Kazakhstan.
Purpose: Assessment, forecast of resources and quality of surface waters in Kazakhstan, taking into account transboundary, in conditions of climatic and anthropogenic changes.
- Assessment and forecast of water resources, in the context of regional characteristics of the distribution of water resources.
- Study of the regime and quality of land surface waters: rivers, streams, lakes, reservoirs.
- Development of methods for calculating and forecasting hazardous hydrological phenomena.
Direction 3. Economic assessment of water resources.
Purpose: Economic assessment of the water resource potential of the Republic of Kazakhstan and directions of its rational use in the context of sustainable development and the introduction of market mechanisms.
- Research of principles and methods of economic assessment of water resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan based on market mechanisms.
- Water resource potential of Kazakhstan in modern market conditions and directions of its rational use in the context of sustainable development of natural and economic systems.
- Scientific and applied fundamentals of managing the economic risks of water use in the context of changes in the water and resource potential of the Republic of Kazakhstan.