Purpose: creation of a scientific, methodological and analytical base for ensuring the management of the state of natural and economic systems (including natural, socio-economic and tourist-recreational subsystems), as the basis for environmentally friendly and economically effective programs for the use of natural resources in Kazakhstan.
- Development of scientific and methodological support for assessing the state of natural and economic systems in the regions of Kazakhstan in conditions of economic and environmental challenges.
- Ecodiagnostics, mapping of natural and economic systems and assessment of the natural resource potential of the regions of Kazakhstan for effective nature management, ensuring environmental and economic stability.
- Development of scientifically grounded schemes for organizing nature management and its promising directions as a tool for sustainable development of the regions of Kazakhstan.
Direction 2. Hazardous natural processes.
Purpose: Creation of a scientific, methodological and analytical base for ensuring life safety, development of theoretical and methodological foundations for risk management.
- Research of manifestations of dangerous natural processes using modern methods: ground georadar, ground laser scanner, unmanned aerial vehicle.
- Modeling natural hazards based on real manifestations using digital elevation models.
- Studies of the spatial distribution of natural hazards using remote sensing techniques and GIS.
- Creation of databases and GIS on hazardous natural processes and phenomena.
- Development of methods for assessing and mapping hazards and risks of natural disasters, natural disasters and changes in the natural environment.
- Drawing up maps of hazards and risks of natural disasters, natural disasters and changes in the natural environment on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the request of the Committee for Emergency Situations, Akimats and other interested organizations.